Wednesday 11 November 2020

How atonement transforms the world

How atonement transforms the world

How atonement transforms the world

During the Christmas season, naturally I think about Christ, even though I’m a Baha’i- after all, Baha’is love and revere Jesus Christ:

Through the Love of God, Christ was sent into the world with his inspiring example of a perfect life of self-sacrifice and devotion, bringing to men the message of eternal life. – Abdu’l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 83.

A few days ago, I met three members of the Church of Christ at a local Starbucks. Since two of these folks were African Americans, I asked: “Do you mean the Church of God in Christ?” – an historically black church. “No!” they replied, “ours is a mixed church,” meaning a racially integrated one. So I then asked, “Who was your founder?” Their answer: Alexander Campbell (1788–1866).

They wondered what I believed, and I told them about the prophet and founder of the Baha’i Faith, “http://bahaiteachings.org/bahaullah” Baha’u’llah. As expected, they asked several questions as to what Baha’is believe about Christ: “Do Baha’is also believe that Christ died for our sins?” This led to a brief discussion of the atonement. They were very interested when I told them about the multiple competing theories of the atonement in Christianity, past and present.

read more…..

The post How atonement transforms the world appeared first on Bahai Journal.



from
https://bahaijournal.com/how-atonement-transforms-the-world/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Prayer – O Son Of Spirit! My First Counsel Is This: Possess A Pure, Kindly And Radiant Heart

O Son of Spirit! My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable...